Fighting for Your Business!
What is your competitive advantage?
Remember the days of the local grocery store, drug store, and diner? Maybe not! But we are in the most competitive time that has ever existed for business. It is competitive. You need several reasons why your potential customers will choose you.
So what do you do?
- Stay very close to your revenue line! Is what you are doing going to create more sales?
- Are you willing to put in that extra time and energy to make your business the best it can be?
- Do you listen to outside feedback giving you a different perspective than what you can see while you stay the decision maker?
- Be the “expert” in your industry. Are you aware of trends so you can respond quickly?
- Understand what makes your customer say yes or no!
- Stay focused on your goals and avoid wasting time.
Keep up your energy (take care of yourself) and remember the scorecard is measured through profits. It isn’t the top line. It is the bottom line. What will make a difference to your business and to your customers? Each business is a unique combination of goods and services. Know what makes you strong!
Written by Nancy Johnson, Satellite Director of the Livingston SBTDC. Check out Venture Plan starting on March 15, 2013 at the Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information about the program, click here. For questions, call Nancy Johnson at 810.227.5086.